If you are like us, then you are constantly looking for new and fun toys to use in your kitchen. We love to cook, but we really hate the work involved, so we went on the hunt for ways to help make it more carefree while we prepare our go to meals. We have already benefited a great deal by using a food processor, but now we found away to cut our cooking times down drastically. Yup, we got ourselves a toaster oven. Obviously, the first thing you think about when referring to this type of oven, is toast. However, we were amazed with the versatility of these machines and what they can do for your in your own kitchen. Now, we didn’t get a basic toaster oven, we got a convection toaster oven, and there is a huge difference in the technology and the functionality involved which we will touch on in a bit.
We started our quest for finding a new countertop oven by heading over to Gouverneur Times and getting the latest toaster oven ratings. We wanted a general sense of direction as to which ovens are currently popular with owners and were worth considering. We learned that the top 3 were all convection ovens, so we decided to dig a little deeper and see why this type of oven was so desirable. We are glad that we did.
Convection Cooking Basics
This type of oven can really make a huge difference in the way that you cook food. Basically, a convection oven uses an internal fan to circulate hot air while you are cooking food. This may not seem like a huge deal, but this action can reduce your cooking times by up to 25%, and it uses lower temperatures to achieve this. It can also be a little more energy efficient which means not only will save time but you will also save energy. Once we discovered all of the advantages of this type of cooking method, it only made sense to get one of these ovens, but which ones are worth your money?
Breville Smart Ovens
Breville has three models that make use of a convection feature. Their BOV800XL has been quite popular for years but they have recently come out with a couple of new models that add a little more functionality. Their BOV845BSS is quickly making a name for itself as it adds another pre-setting to its menu as well as an interior light. This seems to be the new gold standard when it comes to small convection ovens.
- You can cook slowly for up to 10 hours.
- Stainless steel finish and construction that fits any type of kitchen style.
- 10 functions that are displayed on the futuristic LCD display screen.
- Intuitive controls that are simple to learn.
- Exceptional cooking performance that lets you bake, roast, broil, reheat, defrost, and more. Its convection feature speeds up the cooking process by up to a whopping 30%.
- Excellent customer reviews and ratings. Owners love using this oven in their kitchen.
At first glance this might look like a Breville knock-off, but this model can truly stand on its own. Cuisinart’s latest entry into the countertop convection oven market has also been a huge hit with amateur chefs.
- Exact Heat technology that cooks food evenly on every side. You do not have to worry about hot or cold spots, and it does it automatically.
- Not one, but two different convection features that you can use to cook your meals. No other oven on the market has this capability.
- Sleek design with stainless steel materials. Perfect for modern and traditional kitchens alike.
- Big interior space that can handle a 13″ inch pizza or 9 pieces of toast.
- Very fast heating, don’t waste your time pre-heating the oven. Get straight to cooking.
Perhaps the only downside to cooking with convection is that you will have to adjust your recipe times to account for the faster results. Once you get this down however, it will open up a new world of not having to wait as long to enjoy your food. Both of the options above take a lot of the guess work out of preparing healthy and delicious results that your family will absolutely love. We were pleasantly shocked with just how much the new countertop ovens can accomplish, and now that we have one of these machines in our kitchen, our standard oven is sure to be collecting a fair amount of dust.